Saturday 21 November 2009

A couple of cute Eskimos!

Evening all.

Sorry for the later post, I did try this morning but my laptop wasn't playing ball! I have had the most wonderful afternoon at another one of Jules' SU workshops. Today's class was called christmas rush and we made 8 quick christmas cards, 15 minutes for each card. It was so much fun, although my mum was getting herself into a bit of a flap everytime Jules' son called out the time left! Lol! I don't have any pics yet but promise I will get some hopefully tomorrow {weather and light permitting!}and upload them for you all to see!

Onto today's cards. I have two to show you, both using the same stamp, but slight variations on the design. A couple of really quick and easy cards, those that you can make for the masses! Lol!


I just love this cute Eskimo stamp from Elzybells. I got him last year and he is delight to work with, so easy to colour and just as versatile for boys or girls cards, just swap the colour scemes!


Materials

Image: Juggling Eskimo from Elzybells. Coloured with koh-i-noors and sansodor.

Paper: DCWV Christmas Stack 2007

CS: DCWV

Sentiment: Both from Elzybells

Tools: Nesties, SU stamp-a-ma-jig {to get the sentiment straight!}

Misc: snowflake stamp used to create background was free with craft stamper magazine, adhesive pearls {as buttons} from papermania

A couple of real quick cuties!

I know this is a bit of a long post today but I thought I would leave you with a couple of quick pics from my graduation on wednesday. The weather was really rubbish, it rained all day, so I only managed to get a couple of decent pics!


I like this pic as I am not looking directly at the camera, I always think these shots of me are better as I am rubbish at trying to smile for the camera .I am not at all photogenic !

Me with my OH {Sorry I don't know how to rotate the pic!}. When I came out with my gown on he said he felt so proud of me, bless!


And finally me with my mum & dad. This is the second time they have been to one of my graduations {I am trying for a hat trick, Lol!} but I think they were still just as proud of me this time around as they were first time 9 years ago!

Thanks for sticking with me through my mammoth post tonight. I hope you all enjoy your saturday evening. I'm just off to start tea and then I'll be settling down for a night of strictly and x-factor {my OH doesn't know what's instore for him yet, Lol!}

Hugs, Vicky ~x~

12 comments:

Joey said...

Gorgeous card Vicky, love the little eskimo image.x

Many Congrats on your graduation, lovely piccys.xxx

Sonia said...

Well done Vicky :) Loved the cards, can't wait to see what you have been up to with Jules.
Hugs Sonia x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card hun and HUGE congrats on your 2nd graduation!!! You look so beautiful in the pics! Love Ro

Karen said...

Gorgeous cards Vicky and huge congratulatios on your graduaton. I am only in year 1 of my degree which I am doing on a part-time basis, so my graduation is still some way off!!.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Karen x

Anonymous said...

Your cards are just gorgeous Vicky...love the images and colours you've used.
Congratulations on your graduation...you look wonderful.
Hope you're having a great evening.
Thanks for your kind comments.
Have a lovely Sunday.
Hugs
Carole x

Lexxie said...

Huge congrats Vicky on your graduation, your piccies are fab.
Love both of your cards, what a cutie eskimo!
Love Sarita xx

Julie said...

Love both your cards, and congrats on your graduation.

Sandra said...

Hi Vicky....two lovely cute cards.
Mine this year will have to be all quick cards,i bet you,ve finished yours,you've been really good this year and started well in advance,i'll have to take a leaf out of your book and start early next year!.

Many congrats on your graduation and lovely photo's...

Thanks for your comment on my card yesterday,
Take care
San x

Sally said...

Hi Vicky,
Congratulations on your graduation. You must be chuffed to bits.
Great card, so cute.
Will I be seeing the good old medallion making an apperance on your blog? lol.
Sal. x

Kit said...

gorgeous eskimo cards very cute

Amy said...

Congratulations on accomplishing such a mile stone, you have a lot to be proud of!

And those cards are super cute!

Paul said...

These eskimo stamps are great aren't they. I have a couple and as you say they are so easy to colour and look so good.
TFS
Paul