Saturday 23 October 2010

Let it snow eskimo!

Good morning all! The weekend is here and I hope you've all got plans to make the most of it. I've been off work all week and have had a very productive crafty week getting lots of christmas cards done!

Here's one of my favourite images, this adorable eskimo. He is sooooo easy to colour and is perfect for my beloved CAS cards. I made 3 of this design and just changed the sentiment around a bit.




...and the inside. I am addicted to finishing off the insides now. Just something simple but I think it finishes it off perfectly.



Materials

CS: SU Whisper White and Baja Breeze ( love this new colour!)

Images: Juggling Eskimo and snowflakes all from Elzybells

Sentiments: Paula Pascual christmas sentiments

Tools: Sponges for distressing, colourbox blue ink

Misc:Pearls from my stash


I made these 3 cards in around half an hour. I just coloured all my images in first and then set up a little production line, cutting out all the CS, stamping etc all at the same time. I don't mind doing a few cards this way but I don't think I could do it for vast quantities ie 100 cards. I like that I can make a few of the same design to speed things up, but I have so many lovely stamps I want to use them all!!

Well I've enjoyed my time off work, I've spent a lovely few days at my mum and dad's and really enjoyed my mum's craft class on thursday night. Tonight is going to be a special night. It will be the first meeting of my parents and my future in laws. It has taken nearly 6 years but they are finally going to meet. There is 13 of us going out for a meal, close family who are coming to the wedding next year. My dad had said that he didn't want to meet my in laws for the first time at the airport! Lol!

Well thanks for stopping by, best get off and get some washing / shopping etc done before we head off to Doncaster this afternoon!

Enjoy your weekend!

Hugs, Vicky ~x~

9 comments:

Riet said...

So gorgeous card Vicky,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Joey said...

Hiya Vicky

gorgeous card love the blue stamped snowflakes.

Joey.xx

Suzie Q said...

Hi Vicky,
I am a big elzybell fan and your cards are fab x
hope the meal goes well x
hugs
Suzie Qx

Sue said...

Hi Vicky, fab cards. It's so lovely to see this little character. He's one of my favourite Elzybells.x

Juls said...

too cute!! Love the pearl detail on his jacket! Hugs Juls

Cheryl said...

OMG this is so cute.......I love it!!!
Hugs xx

CraftyC said...

Very sweet Vicky. I bought this stamp years ago and forgot I even owned it till now lol!
Clairex

pickle said...

This is super cute love the background and how you have finished off the inside.
Kerry x

Colton Adams said...

Lovedd reading this thank you