Friday 7 October 2011

Black, White and Pink Birthday!,

Morning all!!

I don't know what's wrong with me this morning but I have been up since 3am, I just couldn't sleep! It gave me a chance to start prepping for my upcoming christmas class on the 15th though. It's my first ever class and I have 7 ladies attending, and as I'm away this weekend I though I would get a head start on the cutting and packaging of the CS.

I'm heading off down South tonight after work to Portsmouth for the weekend with my husband and parents. I am going to a surprise birthday party for a very good friend of mine. We have known each other ever since we were born as our parents were best friends at school.

So today I have the birthday card to show you that I have made for her.




Of course, I had to decorate the inside too...



Materials

CS: SU Basic Black, Whisper White, Melon Mambo

Stamps: SU Occasional Greetings (Retired), Bliss (retired)

Tools: SU Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Scallop Trim border punch, Nestabilities Labels dies.

Misc: Melon Mambo and Stazon ink

Now I know I used retired stamp sets for today's card, but in my defence I made this card before I knew Occasional Greetings was leaving us, and I just LOVE this sentiment, one of my favourite stamps of all time and so appropiate for my friend. She's not an overly girly person so I think this card has the right mix for her and I love pink, black and white together!!

Well I'd best get off and get ready for work. I'll be back again next week with some more cards to show you that I have made with some of the new SU products from the fab new catalogue!!

Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by!!

Hugs, Victoria ~x~

4 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

Just brilliant Vicky! I love the butterflies stamped behind the sentiment (and I must say, I'm very sad to see that sentiment go too.) Have a great weekend, Vx

Jenny said...

Love the sentiment, just perfect and not too slushy :)
Pretty little card.
Jenny x

Liz McGuire, said...

very elegant, bet she loved it,

Liz x

Sue said...

Very pretty but not too girly. Love the colours together. Hope you enjoyed the weekend. Sue.x