Friday 11 November 2011

Lovely as a tree for christmas!

Evening all!!

Tonight I have a card to show you that I made recently for my christmas box. The main focal tree image is from the same set as the image I used on the autumnal card in my last post, it just shows how versatile the set can be!


A very simple inside with a sentiment that compliments the one on the front....


Again, whilst I had my stash out I made another card, this time just changing the ribbon and positioning of the sentiment. I'll let you into a secret, this is a real trick of mine, to make a few of a similar style card, it's a huge timesaver when it comes to this time of year when you need to make multiple makes.



Materials

CS: SU Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla

Stamps: SU Contempo Christmas, Petite Pairs and Lovely as a Tree

Tools: SU Stamp-a-ma-jig,

Misc: SU Ink in Chocolate Chip, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Cherry Cobbler Scallop spotty Ribbon and Victoria Crochet Trim



I'm not sure if you can see properly on the pictures but there is some glitter added to the tree branches to represent snow. It looks much sparklier and pretty IRL!

So which is your favourite? The first is more traditional and the second has more of a vintage feel with the crochet trim. I think I like the first best (only just though).


Well I may not be around in blog land much over the next week as I now have 14 days off work and am going to the Lake District tomorrow with hubby and my parents to stay in a beautiful cottage on a farm. We aren't sure how long we're going for yet, it could end up being all week, unless my parents get sick of us before then!

Have a great weekend, thanks for stopping by and see you again soon

Hugs Victoria ~x~

5 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

Lovely as a Tree is perfect for all the year round isn't it?! I love your Christmas cards with their glittery branches and that is a good tip to make several of the same cards. Have a fabulous time in the Lake District! Vx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Vicky.

Hugs Riet.xx

Michelle Short said...

Beautiful cards Vicky, I think my fave is the first (just!) I love the trees and the subtle glitter. Hope you have a lovely time in the Lake District xx

Deb said...

gorgeous card Vicky, love them both but think the red ribbon is slightly more festive! have a fabulous time in the Lakes!
Have a great weekend, Debxx

Jenny said...

Hi Vicky, hope your enjoying your holiday in the Lakes :)
Gorgeous cards, I can see the lovely glitter...it's such a magical touch on Christmas cards :)
The first is my fave because the red ribbon looks so Christmassy to me
Jenny x