Saturday 23 May 2009

Sugar Nellie Double Challenge Card!

Evening all. I hope you are all enjoying you BH weekend. I made this card to meet 2 of this weeks challenges! I used the fabulous sketch over at The Sugar Bowl, when I originally saw this I thought it looked too complicated but I am so glad I gave it a go as I loved every minute of making this card. You know when things just come together?! I will definately be using this sketch again! It also meets this weeks ASOS challenge which is to make a card for a celebration, and I though as this card say's 'celebrate' it covers a multitude of occasions that you might choose to celebrate!! :-)


I have used this gorgeous image designed by Leanne Ellis for Sugar Nellie, available at funky kits, I just adore these! I paper pieced her dress with the paper I used for the background, before colouring the spots and stripes in with black ink. I also added an adhesive pearl to the flower in her hair. The DP I have used is from the BG Wassial pad. It just goes to show that Wassail is for life, not just for christmas! Lol! I also used Black Magic CS and ran it through the cuttlebug with the swiss dots folder to get the white spotty effect. The photo corner is from a Brenda Pinnick scrapbook kit I got from QVC ages ago and I just added Glossy accents to it. The sentiment is from a see D set and cut it out with my nesties. I also got out my chalks, which I haven't used probably in over a year to add a bit of smudged colour around the edges. The flowers are a mix of prima and making memories, and I have added pearl brads to the centres which also meets with the challenge at The Sugar Bowl which is to include pearls somewhere on your card.

I don't know if the picture looks any better today than it normally does but I have used a new camera, I think it looks a little clearer, especially when you zoom in on the picture.

I have had such a busy day at work today, I was so glad to get home. To top my day all off I hit my head on the catch of the boot of my car this afternoon and cut my head open. Not too deep, thankfully, but big enough to bleed, give me a headache and be quite sore. My poor patients must have wondered what had happened to me. They are the one's who are supposed to have bleeding wounds, not me!! Lol!

Wow, I've just realised how long htis post is {sorry!}, I hope you're still awake! :-) I'm off now to have a lovely cup of tea and my weekly chocolate treat whilst I watch ER that I've taped, I just can't get enough of it, I can't believe it's the last episode this week!! :-(

Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy the rest of your BH, and I will be around to see you all soon, if I haven't stopped by already!

Hugs, Vicky -x-

21 comments:

Gina said...

Gorgeous card Vicky, I can see what you mean about the card coming together, everything matches perfectly.
I know what you mean about ER, I am having withdraw already :( there is another programme before the final one next week, so dont forget to watch that too :)
Gina xxx

Kathy said...

Beautiful interpretation of the sketch!! I love the colors that you have used and that image is darling! Thanks so much for joining in the challenge :)kathy

Tab said...

Ooooh delish card hun, just love the colours you have used! Enjoy your BH and I hope your poor head feels better soon too!
Hugs Tab xxx

Lynne in NI said...

Wow! Fantastic card Vicky! Love your black'n'red colour theme

Ria said...

Beautiful card, Vicky.
Great colours !
Ria

Nicoline said...

Lovely card, beautiful colours!

Hope your head feels better soon....

Hugs,
Nicoline

Lilian said...

Beautiful color combo and great coloring! Thanks for joining the Sugar Bowl challenge and hope to see you in the next one too!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, love the papers and the gorjuss girl.
I photo with the macro setting on my camera its usually a flower icon.
luv
Debby

Unknown said...

Wow Vicky, I love the layers! At first glance it looks like a gatefold card. That image is so cute too. Hope you are having a great weekend!

Hugs
Roberta

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Gorgeous vicky.Love the black and red combo...very striking! I hope your poor head heals up fast1 Thanks for joining us at the Sugar Bowl! Judy x

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card,thanks for playing along with ASFOS this week,Hugs Debbie x

Jills Scrappy Daze said...

Gorgeous card Vicky, love the dress
Hope your head is feeling better
Hugs
Jill x

Saskia said...

Beautiful card!! I love your colour-combination... so special, so lovely!!

Greetings,
Saskia :)

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Vicky,l love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Sandra said...

Hi Vicky...gorgeous card,perfect colour scheme for the image,lovely work!,
Take care
San x

Anjou Krelovich said...

Really a stunning card! That red and black are stunning with the image. Beautiful coloring too!

Marcea said...

wow, I love this card hun - stunning! Hope your poor head is a bit better and that the choccy was scrummy
-x-

Tara said...

This is a stunner - the colours are so rich and beautiful and your image is coloured perfectly.
Hope your head is on the mend now - wot you like!!! xx

Shauna K said...

Oooh, I love the colors in this card! Great job :D

Sue said...

I know what you mean about some sketches, they look way to complicated but you have done a fab job with this. The papers are gorgeous and I love the image. Hope your head is feeling better.x

Unknown said...

I love this card! really like the black and red