Friday 12 November 2010

Tree trimmings and an update!

Good morning all.

I've managed to grab some time to myself this morning so though I would take a few minutes out of my hectic day to show you another card I made recently and give you an update on hubbie to be!

Firstly I have a card to show you that I made using the Tree Trimmings set from Stampin Up. Now I don't own this set but my mum does. She was having difficulty being inspired what to do with it so she asked me to make a card with it to give her some ideas. So I went with another CAS design and I have to say I love this result. A quick card perfect for multiple christmas makes.



Materials


CS: SU Whisper White, Choc Chip and Red CS from my stash

Images: Tree Trimmings set (SU)

Sentiment: Paula Pascual Christmas Sentiments set

Tools: Old Olive, Choc Chip and Real red ink (SU)

Misc: Sponges for distressing, Glitter glue for bauble edges


Now as you may be aware I've developed a bit of an obsession with decorating the insides of my cards lately and this card was no exception. However, I'm not entirely happy with it. The bauble string ended up being a bit thick, but hay ho!


I just wanted to say a big thankyou to you all for all your kind words of encouragement and well wishes about my husband to be. I am pleased to say he is on the road to recovery after having his sugery 2 days ago. He's still in hospital but I am hoping to be picking him up this afternoon. He still has a long road ahead of him with 4 weeks in a plaster cast before another 12 in a special boot. We are getting married in 17 weeks time so I am hoping that he comes out of the boot just in time!

Thanks for stopping by to say hi and I hope you all enjoy your weekend!

Hugs, Vicky ~x~

6 comments:

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Vicky.

Hugs Riet.x

Unknown said...

Fab cards, and they have a striking resemblence to some of my cards this year, I love this set so much, one of my SU favourites.

Glad to hear Hubby to be is well on the road to recovery too xxx

Deb said...

beautiful card, so love the inside, the string looks perfect! Glad all went well and hope future hubby is 100% before the wedding! have a fabulous weekend, hugs Debx

maddy hill said...

beautiful elegant card Vicky and i think your bauble string looks fine to me hunny !
love
another leeds lass
maddy !

Vicky Hayes said...

Great card - I love the sponged edges and the dimension you've added and I also really like the way you decorated the inside of the card (can't see that the thread is too thick!). Best wishes with hubby-to-be's leg!

Sue said...

Beautiful card Vicky. Glad to hear hubby to be's op went well. Wishing him a speedy recovery.x