Thursday 20 August 2009

Sweet Wonderful You!

Morning all! Well what miserable weather we have here in Leeds today, oh well perfect day to spend in my craft room then! Lol! Apologies in advance for the photo quality today, the light is pretty poor this morning. Where's the sun when you need it!

I accquired some WOJ stamps from the lovely Linda this week {thanks hun!} and I couldn't wait to ink them up. I only own one other WOJ stamp which is Henry the mouse so it is lovely to expand my collection!


This card also meets with two of this weeks challenges. I have followed the wonderful sketch by Rach over at Whiff Of Joy {I have flipped it upside down } and I also incorporated the theme of spots, dots and circles over at Creative Inspirations. Does anyone else do this? I had a picture in mind of what my finished card would look like, and this wasn't it! I am a little dissapointed with this card and I'm not really 100% sure I like it all that much. Oh well, whats done is done now, maybe it'll grow on me! Lol!

Materials:

Image: Willow with flowers from Whiff Of Joy, coloured with koh-i-noors and sansodor

Papers: Basic Grey Lemonade

Sentiment: from Magnolia summer kit

Tools: distress inks, sponge, nesties

Misc: Half Pearls, white organza ribbon from stash

Well that's all for me today folks. It's my DO today and my OH is in bed as he's on nights. So I think a quick trip to my local craft shop is called for before doing a bit of blog hopping and then some time in my craft room this afternoon!

Thanks for stopping by to say hi!

Hugs, Vicky ~x~

23 comments:

Wendy said...

Gorgeous card so sweet
Wendy x

Tara said...

It's a lovely, sweet card Vicky and you're being way too hard on yourself! I do know what you mean though about cards never turning out how you see them in your mind's eye!
Have a fun day crafting hun ;o)
Hugs Tara xx

craftyb said...

Oh no Vicky, I LOVE this! Maybe you're not sure 'cos it's got more layers on from your usual CAS style..? I just adore this paper collection and this image is adorable! bx

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Vicky, lov ethe cute image and the pretty papers and lo. Hugs Nikki x

Juls said...

so adorable! Love the papers you have used and the pearl detail!!

Cheryl said...

OH this is beautiful Vicky,I LOVE everything about it!!! I do know what you mean.....but there is nothing to worry about with this one!!
Hugs xx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Vicky,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Rach said...

a brilliant card sweetie, love it, gorgeous colouring. thank you for playing along this week at whiff of joy. Hugs Rachxx

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

Gorgeous card, lovely colours and image!
Hugs Jacqueline

Tab said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, hun, love this sweet image and your colour combo and paper choice is delish! Did you buy anything nice?
Hugs Tab xxx

Mina said...

gorgeous card
Mina xxx

Saskia said...

Gorgeous card... lovely colours and sweet image! Great!!

Greetings,
Saskia :)

Claire Ellen Designs said...

Lovely card Vicky, so glad you got some more WOJ stamps and were able to join us this week, lovely papers and colour combo. Hugs, Claire xx

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

hei Vicky this is super cute.
i think i have not seen this image before. i totally love what you have done

Giò said...

Hi Vicky!!! Your card is soooo sweet. I love all detail. hugs giò

la bergere des fees said...

beautiful card
bises de france

Dena said...

Oh this is soooo pretty! I love those papers and what an adorable image!!! You have colored her perfectly. I love it! Hugs, Dena

Carly said...

This is so super sweet! Love it!

Marcea said...

What a really gorgeous card hun. I love this image and sweet details. I also got some stamps from Linda .... can't wait to ink mine up too. Hope you have a fab weekend
-x-

Bev said...

Such a fabby card sweetie, love the cute image and gorgeous colours x

Stephanie said...

Whats there to be disapointed with hun? You're mad - it's a wonderful card!

Hugs, Steph xxx

Kathy said...

Such a pretty card!! Love these papers and they are perfect for this image!! So sweet!
:)Kathy

Caroline said...

Vicky your card is gorgeous! thanx for joining in with us at creative inspirations this week! x x