Wednesday 20 August 2008

Baby cards!

Just thought I'd share a couple of baby cards I have made using my new baby millie stamp from sugar nellie at funky kits. I don't have any occasion to make them but couldn't wait to use my new stamp so have put them in my card box. I like how by changing the colours it can be adapted for either a boy or a girl!

Image has been coloured with my whispers pens and cut out with my circle nestabilities. Doodled around the edge of the image to create a border and also doodled white swirls on the scallops with a sakura pen. Background CS has been partially embossed with my swiss dots embossing folder. Strip of paper across bottom of the card was a scrap of papermania paper I had left in my scrap box. Sentiment is from a Studio G set. 'Joy' was stamped onto white CS, cut out and coloured before being added to the bottom right of the card. Flowers are from prima and the pearl brad is from papermania.

Same image used but in 'boy' colours, shaded with whispers pens. Top half of CS embossed with swiss dot folder and spotty papermania paper added to the bottom half. 'Its a boy' blue Anita's adhesive ribbon added to hide the join. Sentiment from a Studio G set again!

Tfl x

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Hi,both lovely cards,cute image coloured beautifully,i got this stamp last week haven't used it yet,have a good day,
Sandra x

Lexxie said...

Saw these on DoCrafts Vicky-they are both so cute. I just love the swiss dots embossing folder it really is one of my favourites. xxx

Gill said...

Beautiful cards, I agree the image is super sweet for a boy or a girl, love your embossing and your colouring is fab, thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a sweet comment
lv Gill x

Julie said...

These are both sooo cute, lovely work. There's a little something for you on my blog if you want to stop by.