Saturday 23 August 2008

Gorgeous Bella!

Morning all. What a lovely day it is. The sun is shining and I have 3 whole days off of work, which is a surprise as I normally get stuck working all the bank holiday's. My boss must have been feeling generous when she did this months off duty!

I made this card following a sketch that I found but it was a few weks ago before my intenet got disconnected so unfortunately can't remember which sketch, sorry!

The Bella image has been coloured with my whispers and watercolour pencils. Cut out with my circle nesties and mounted onto a scalloped circle. The background papers are from a HOTP kit that I got from QVC last year. The sentiment has been stamped onto one of the HOTP labels and is from Hero Arts. Bronze eyelets added to the tag using my cropodile. The flowers are Prima and brads from my stash.

I strayed away from using pastels and pinks with this card and went for richer, deeper tones for the background papers. A bit of a change for me, but I think I like how it turned out!

Well, I'm going to spend a few hours crafting today as my OH is at work and it might be the last chance I get before packing away all my craft stash in preparation for the move. I hope you all have a wonderful BH weekend, whatever you are doing!

Hugs, Vicky x

3 comments:

Annie said...

fabulous Bella card, I do like that dotty background paper! enjoy your weekend. annie x

Sandra said...

Hi,lovely card,cute Bella image coloured beautifully,love the papers,but then i would i got these from QVC...lol,
Have a lovely BH,
Sandra x

pickle said...

Fabulos card !
Enjoy your days off work.
kerry x