Saturday 22 November 2008

A Spoon Full of Sugar for my friend!

This is a card I made for a friend at work who left us yesterday for pastures new. I was so upset to see her go and I wanted to let her know how much I admire her and would miss her. So this is the card I made and it fits this weeks A Spoon Full of Sugar challenge which is to use flowers or floral papers on your creation!

I coloured this adorable Elzybells image in with my whispers pens and I paper pieced her dress with the patterned spotty paper that I also used in the background, which is from K&Co sparkly sweet pad. The grass effect was created using a green ink pad. CS is from the coredinations range, which I embossed with the spots and dots folder before distressing with an emery board. The sentiment is Hero Arts, Prima flowers and gem brad from my stash. The glittery adhesive dots are some that I bought from QVC.

Sorry I haven't been around your blogs much these past few days. I've been having a busy time of it at work lately (I am working this weekend) and my university course is also starting to become more demanding. I currently have a 4,000 word and 6,000 word assignment to do along with a 4,000 word Masters proposal in preparation for my 15,000 word Masters Dissertation next year! :-( I must have been crazy to go back to university again. This is definately the last degree I do! So unfortunately, all this doesn't leave me as much time for my beloved crafting and blog hopping. So please be patient with me and I will try my best!

I hope you're all having a great weekend whatever you're up to.

Hugs, Vicky x

21 comments:

Lynsey said...

Hi Vicky
I love your card its so nice and girlie! Good luck with your uni course, I finished my foundation degree a couple of years ago I don't envy you having to write all those words but it will be worth it.
Hugs Lynsey :)

Femin Susan said...

Wow.........
Let your creations reach beyond our imaginations. meet me at my blog........

NGCARDS said...

You do sound like a busy bee! lol Im sure your friend will lvoe that card, its really cute! xxx

Femin Susan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linanna DESIGNS said...

Hello Vicky this is a fabulous card hun. You must concentrate on your uni work of course!! we all understand that, blogging will be here when you're finished. I am struggling to keep on top of things, infact im failing miserably!! i have not been blogging as much as i should, so much to think about with christmas fast approaching and im still working on my cards. You look after yourself. Hugs Linda x

Lisa said...

Hi Vicky, Such a cute card. Good luck with your uni course. It sounds like you are going to be busy but it will be worth it in the end. x

Sandra said...

Hi Vicky,beautiful card again,great image and pretty papers,i bet your friend loved it.Oh Vicky all that writing to do,never mind it will be worth it,
Take care
Sandra x

NGCARDS said...

There is something for you on my blog =) xxx

Nessie said...

Love your girly card!!!

How funny I also made a card yestaday with the same backing paper, I love K & Co papers!!!!!!

xxxx

Bev said...

Aww this is so sweet Vicky, love the paper pieced dress.

I'm way behind with things as well hunny, but you just concentrate on your Uni course, way more important than blogging and we will all be here waiting for you.

big hugs
Bev x

Sarah said...

Hi Vicky, What a cute card, love the colours. I have left something for you on my blog.

Sarah x

Lynsey said...

Me again Vicky, theres a little award on my blog for you.
Hugs Lynsey :)

CraftyC said...

Great card Vicky. Hats off to you for doing the degree, can totally understand your prediciment!
Clairex

katy said...

Oh this is sooooo pretty Vicky, i love that image !! Good luck with all your assignments...it'll be worth it in the end !! Hugs Katy x

Lexxie said...

Hi Vicky,

This is a beautiful card, and really shows how much you think of your friend.
Keep up the good work-it will be so worth it in the end,

Love Sarita xxx

Tara said...

Good luck with all your work Vicky, hope it'll all be worth it in the end.
Love your card, really pretty and feminine and your friend will love it I'm sure! xx

Sue said...

Lovely card, Vicky. I love these Elzybells stamps too.

My eldest just finished her uni course and my youngest just started hers, so I know how much work you have to put in, good luck with the assignments. Sue.x

gina g said...

very pretty card Vicky, good luck with your uni work. luv gina xx

Dawn Wheeler said...

Fantastic cards ,stunning colouring and papers ,love it ,Dawnxx

Lisa said...

Hi Vicky, There is something on my blog for you. x

Joey said...

I love this, its gorgeous, beautiful colours and colouring. joey xx