Friday 14 November 2008

Two Cupcake challenges!

This card is my entry for both this weeks Our Creative Corner challenge and Cupcake Craft challenge. The challenges were to use a photograph they provided of a cupcake as inspiration for designing your card, and the other was to use spots and dots! So here is what I came up with!


This didn't turn out quite as I'd planned. I was wanting it to be very plain, and although it is still quite plain, it's not quite as much as I had originally planned. I embossed the circle using my nestabilites onto the base CS. As I thought it was too basic looking I added pink ink and glitter. The spotty paper is from papermania and cut into a circle with my nestabilities. The cupcake image is one of my new stamps from an Inkadinkado clear set I bought on e-bay. I paper peiced the frosting section with BG sugared paper, glitter added for a bit of sparkle and the paper casing is coloured with my whispers. The 'cherry' on the cake is a 'legless brad' from craftwork cards which I have coated in glossy accents. The adhesive ribbon is from anita's and the sentiment is from a Studio G set.


This card makes a change from all the christmas cards I've been making of late and is very girly and sparkly, my sort of card!

Well friday is finally here, hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs, Vicky x

11 comments:

Tara said...

This looks good enough to eat Vicky, yummy scrummy!
My Woodware tree set arrived today, I got it from the same seller as you. Thanks so much for your help! xx

Gina said...

Mmmmm yummy card :) love it
You have a good weekend too
Gina xxx

Sandra said...

Hi Vicky,delicious card...lol,looks good enough to eat,love it,
Have a lovely weekend
Take care
Sandra x

gina g said...

Yep good enough to eat lovely card.Hope you enjoy your time off work. gina xx

Lexxie said...

Hi Vicky,

Just love this card. Trying to diet so only had a quick look at it lol. I love the fab colours you have used,

Love Sarita xxx

Sarah said...

I love the way you've glittered it Vicky, it looks fab
Sarah x

Donna said...

Beautiful Card, love the image. Donna x

Rach said...

mmmm a yummy and delish looking card, looks gorgeous. hugs rachxx

Anonymous said...

Delicious card Vicky...beautiful!
Crole :-)

katy said...

Hi Vicky, what a sweet card !xx

Bev said...

Vicky this is gorgeous sweetie - love that cupcake and all the bling - looks good enough to eat!!

big hugs
Bev x