Sunday 21 June 2009

Fantastic Weekend!!

Afternoon all! I have had a wonderful weekend, I thought I should warn you that this post may be a bit long winded as I have lots to tell and show you!

Firstly I went to Jule's SU class yesterday afternoon and had a fantastic time. Jules is a wonderful hostess and even made a coffee and walnut cake and some delicious muffins!! Here is what we made:

I love the opening of this card and we even decorated the inside!!

Then we made a waterfall card {think this is what you call this style}!

And finally a card made with a tie template from craft work cards.

So after a fabulous afternoon of making these cards, and having a laugh with Jill, Julie did a raffle for those who had placed an order and I won this lovely prize:


Some fab SU CS, papers and ribbons, perfect for making some male cards with! Thanks so much Jules!

Then today I have been to Stamp Magic at the Doncaster Dome with my mum! I met the lovely Bev, who was demonstrating on the Hobby House stall. It's so nice to put a face to a name {&blog}!! Well I stuck to my budget and even came back with £5 to spare, that's my birthday money all spent now though!! Lol! Here's a few pics of the lovely goodies I got!

I got some yummy prima fowers, spacers and charms from the Hobby House, along with a pot of what can only be descibed as 'crushed glass', it gives a lovely sugared crystal effect which can be seen here on the snowflakes on a card that Bev has made .

Some more nesties to add to my ever expanding collection {I really don't think I can possibly have that many more to collect now!} Lol!

I also got some staple items, CS, cello bags, EZ mount, envelopes etc that aren't so interesting to look at so I've not bothered showing you them!! Lol!

Hope you've all had a wonderful weekend in the sun. I'm off now to do a bit of hopping and to go and play with my new goodies before bedtime!

Thanks for stopping by and leaving comments. I really appreciate it!

Hugs, Vicky -x-

18 comments:

Claire Ellen Designs said...

OOOOOOOOOooh you lucky girly ! I am soooooo jealous, all your new stuff looks fab, especially like the papers you got at Doncaster, yummy ! the cards you made at SU look fab, hugs,
Claire xx

Nessie said...

I'm very JEALOUS!!!!!!!

;)

Claire Ellen Designs said...

Forgot to say, please stop by at my blog where i have a little something for you to collect,
hugs,
Claire xx

Tara said...

Fantastic cards you made at your class Vicky - I really love the one with the beer mugs on!
What a yummy lot of stash too! I've never been to a show like this but I'm hoping to make the NEC in November - bet it was great fun ;o) xx

Kathy said...

Ohhhhhh!! I just love all your cards! They are all so adorable! Your goodies you picked up look so yummy too!

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Gorgeous cards!!1 Love them all...your shirt and tie one looks stunning. I love all your goodies ..enjoy playing!
Judy xx

having a {me} day said...

Hi! Great set of cards that you made and it sounds like you had a fabulous day!! Can't be bad. katxx

Debbie said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend Vicky. Your cards are fabulous and your new stash looks yummy.
Sorry I didn't catch you at the Dome...there were so many people there. We will have to organise a time & place when the next show is on. :) Debbie x

Cheryl said...

WOW Vicky,lucky you.....it's so much fun spending your money on craft goodies!!! Your cards are brilliant,love everyone of them....fab designs and colours!
Hugs xx

Elaine said...

Fabulous cards, and that looks like some very yummy stash!

Jills Scrappy Daze said...

What a laugh at the Su class ! Looks like you had a great day at Doncaster and you managed to save £5. Look forward to seeing your creations made with your new stash.
Hugs
Jill x x

Di said...

HI Vicky
Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog. Your weekend looks fabulous! all those shopping goddies lucky you! wish we had something like that by us, and what fab cards you have made, love the tie and mugs.

Hugs Di xxxx

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

This is gorgeous dear Vicky. Love the layout and the colours you've used an all your cards. your new stuff looks great. gosh did you hear.. Spellbinders is about to add some new shapes.. gosh.. how are we going to pay for all that stuff we need lol.

Thank you sweetie also for ALWAYS leaving me the sweetest comments on my blog.
Hugs Claudia

helen said...

wow looks like you had a fab time, your cards are lovely, enjoy playing with your new stash
hugs
helen x

Tab said...

Oh love your cards hun, such cute images and I love the colours you have used! That shirt one is fabby! Oooh look at all that delish stash, enjoy using it!
Hugs Tab xxx

Sandra said...

Great cards Vicky...and all that new stash to play with...the only problem is knowing what to play with first...lol,
Take care
San x

Janiel/ janny said...

Hey sweetie............
you have been busy!! Love your creations!! and all the new stuff looks like tons of fun!!

I have left something on y blog for you this evening.

janny

Georgia said...

Hi Vicky,
Your cards are stunning! I love the way the image overlaps onto the other half of the card on the first one and I really like the colours on the second one! :)
Love, Georgia xx