Sunday 7 June 2009

Just Magnolia and colour create card!

Good morning all. Well the sun is shining here in Leeds, West Yorkshire, but I don't know how long that's going to last for! I had some me time yesterday whilst my OH was at work and I managed to get into my craft room for a few hours. I also recieved my blog candy that I won from Michelle and some yummy Gorjuss images from the lovely Sheila, and I got the new edition of craft stamper which has the gorgeous cute sugar nellie owl stamp. Lots of new crafty bits to be playing with!
Here is a card I made yesterday, which combines the Just Magnolia sketch this week, a fabby sketch by the wonderful Rach, and the colour creat challenge which is to use the colours of the rainbow!


This tilda image is my new stamp that I won in Michelle's blog candy and it is the only Magnolia stamp that I own! I colored her with a mixture of distress inks and whispers before cutting her out onto a circle matt made with my nesties. The papers are from the sweet nothing range by papermania and I have faux stitched around the edges of the pink paper. CS is coredinations. Sentiment is from hero arts. The ribbon is also from the candy I won from Michelle. The flowers are Prima and the pearl brads are papermania {LOVE these!!}.

I don't normally use such a wide spectrum of colours on one card but i'm pleased with how this one has turned out, it feels so colourful and summery!

Well I should really think about getting dressed, and then I'm off back to my craft room {after I've stopped by all your blogs to see what you've ben up to!}!

Have a great sunday everyone and thanks for stopping by to visit!

Hugs, Vicky -x-

31 comments:

Nicoline said...

What a cutie!
She’s gorgeous Vicky!

Hugs,
Nicoline

helen said...

a gorgeous card vicky shes a cutie and i love the colours you chose
hugs
helen x

Anonymous said...

love this one sweetie, the colours are lovely and fresh and like you say have a real summery feel. love your interpretation of my sketch. thanks for joining us. hugs rachxx

katy said...

Oh this is so pretty Vicky :) You're right it does have a real summery feel, thanks for joining in at CC hun, love Katy x

Beth said...

Oh this is so cute! I love the spotty paper and little flowers!
Beth xx

Tara said...

This is so pretty and really Summery as you say Vicky. I love all the detail you've added to Tilda - her pretty spotted top looks so sweet!
Thanks so much for joining in with this week's CC challenge ;o) xx

Tab said...

Ooooh gorgeous card hun, love the image and colours you have used! Fab papers too! Great take on both challenges!
Hugs Tab xxx

Cheryl said...

Fabulous card.....I love all the colours and the papers are just perfect!!!
xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Vicky, what a sweet Tilda. Yummy papers and flowers!
Hugs
Carole x

Janiel/ janny said...

Hello Vicki,

Love the card!! You did well with it.....

hey Vicki I would love to send you some Tilda images if you will leave me your email on my blog sweetie. That is if you want them.. I have a ton of them and you are sooooooo sweet to me. SO I would love to send you a RAK..
hugs and HAPPY SUNDAY!!! janny

Gina said...

Gorgeous card Vicky, I love all of the colours you have used :)
Hugs Gina xxx

NGCARDS said...

very cute card hun, love the summery feel! xxx

Georgia said...

Hi Vicky,
I love love love your card! I really like the bright colours and that spotty paper is gorgeous! :)
Love, Georgia xx

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good evening Vicki, wow hunny i am loving this card such a gorgeous tilda image. Im sorry i've not been about much its my new puppy's fault, he is taking too much of my time!! have a great evening, hugs Linda x

Sue said...

Congrats on your candy win, she is such a cutie. Love the papers you've used too.x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Vicky,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

SemSee said...

Hey Vicky! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving those wonderful comments! :o) This is such a gorgeous card. I love the colours you've used - everything works perfectly - and I can't believe that's faux stitching, it looks so real!! Tilda is such a cutie, and you have coloured her fantastically! A truly beautiful card! Hugs, Sem x

Bev said...

Oh wow! This is really fabulous sweetie - such gorgeous colours and details! x

Joey said...

Hiya Vicky, gorgeous card, I love the sweet colours and beautiful Tilda. Theres a little something on my blog for you. Joey.x

cats whiskers said...

What a beautiful card, really stunning, love the image and your great colouring and I agree those papers give it a real summer feel, thanks for joining us this week
Hugs Jacqui x

Stacey said...

This is delish Vicky! I really love this layout and the bright colours you have ombined so successfully.

I got my Kraft card from Sarah's Cards. I'd seen it there ages ago but wasn't prepared to pay £3.95 P&P! Fortunately, they have now reduced it to £1.95 for purchases under £10 - much more sensible! ~♥~

Dawn Wheeler said...

Gorgeoues card ,so cute and lovely ,love it ,hugs Dawnxxx

Kit said...

This is so cute

Kit said...

This is so cute

Georgia said...

Hi Vicky,
It's Georgia again. There's somthing for you on my blog...
Love, Georgia xx

Unknown said...

I really like the the spectrum of colors. It reminds me of bubblegum! Love it!

Roberta

Di said...

lovely card love Tilda, thanks for joining C.C this week

Di xx

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

Oh Vicky I love your card, that image is just the cutiest and I love colours you have used too!
Hugs Claudia xxx

Sheila Hallworth said...

lovely colourful card; be careful, it's easy to become a magnolia addict!

sheila :)

Mrs Mayne said...

Great card Vicky - fab colours! x

Naoual said...

Beautiful card, I love the colours and papers you used!

Thank you for joining Just Magnolia this week,

xx Naoual