Thursday 25 June 2009

Sweet as Sugar!

Evening all! What a beautiful day it had been here in Yorkshire. Hope you've had a lovely day wherever you are! Well I really wanted to enter The Sugar Bowls challenge this time around as the prize is the whole set of the new gorjuss girls, set 3, not yet released!! What a totally fab prize!! So in celebration of this prize I have used one of my trusty GG images from set 1! I just love them. I followed the sketch designed by Lilian and also the added extra of using Kraft. I just can't get enough of this at the moment! It seems to be appearing on almost all of my cards! I also used the colour combo over at SCS this week which is pink and green!

I coloured this wonderfully 'gorjuss' image in with my distress inks and cut her out with my curved rectangle nesties. The papers are from BG two scoops pad and papermania. CS is kraft. Felt flower is from making memories and the others are my new prima hydranga flowers. Pearl brad from my stash. Sentiment is from Craft work cards. Adhesive pearl gems were one of my purchases from the Hobby House stall at the craft fair last weekend! I distressed all the edges of my CS and sentiment with my distress inks and a cosmetic sponge, my new discovery of this week! Such a great technique!!

I really enjoyed making this card and I loved using this sketch, now I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed that I might be the lucky winner of the new GG set 3!!

Off for my tea now, yummy homemade lasagne, my favourite meal of all time!!

Thanks for stopping by. TTFN!

Hugs, Vicky -x-

22 comments:

Sandra said...

"Gorjuss" card Vicky,all the best with your entry and can i come to tea...one of my favourite meals too,
San x

Rach said...

this is fabulous, hugs rachxx

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Wow Vicky a beautiful card hunny i am loving the adorable image and the papers you've used. Hugs Linda x

katy said...

Such a cute card Vicky and pretty papers too, hugs Katy x

Joey said...

Oh you have so reminded me that I need to do this challenge lol,i am getting slack!

Gorgeous card hun love the choice of papers. Joey.xxx

Tab said...

Gorgeous card hun, love the image and the colours are divine, love it!
Hugs Tab xxx

Nessie said...

Wow, lovley card Vicky & what a cheery post,you brightened my mood!!!

;)

Suzi Mac said...

So cute, love the papers too. Good luck in the challenges.
Suzi x

Lilian said...

Your card is just lovely! Great coloring and yummy details! Thanks for joining the Sugar Bowl and hope to see you in the next one too! Have a great day!

Elaine said...

Lovely! Gorjuss, in fact. ;)

Lasagne is my favourite too!

Stacey said...

You've done a great job with this sketch Vicky, I hope you are lucky!

I see you managed to find some Kraft too! I'm nursing the same addiction I'm afraid! ~x~

Cheryl said...

Beautiful card,the papers are so pretty and such a sweet image!!!
Hugs xx

Vicki said...

hiya Vicky

I am so sorry for not visiting you in such a long time, I've been an awful blogging buddy to everyone, so I am doing my best to catch up with you all today. Thank you so very much for thinking of me to pass the award onto, so kind of you...mwah. You have made some wonderful cards since my last visit, once again sorry for not commenting sooner. Hope you have a lovely weekend, take care, luv 'n' hugs xx vicki xx

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

beautiful card and so pretty

thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x

Jill said...

beautiful card Vicky, love the image, thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill xx

Janiel/ janny said...

Vicki this card is very Beauitful!!!!!! You have done a fab job with it! I love those little pearls down in the corner. :o)
Have a great weekend........i wish I was there for tea with you.. maybe we could paint images and drink tea. :o) janny

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Vicky,l love the image and papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Carole said...

Really pretty card Vicky, lovely colouring..the felt flower is just perfect!
Have a great weekend.
Hugs
Carole x

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

Gorgeous card dear Vicky. Love your GG card giggle beautiful colouring also. Hope you have a lovely weekend. Hugs Claudix

CraftyC said...

This is so sweet Vicki, Thanks for taking part in the SCSC
Clairex

Lexxie said...

Totally gorgeous Vicki,
Love Sarita xx

Nicoline said...

She’s gorgeous Vicky!!!!

Hugs,
Nicoline