Tuesday 23 June 2009

Just Magnolia meets Friday Sketchers!

My wonderful friend Jill gave me this lovely tilda image yesterday and I just couldn't wait to ink her up. So I though I would use her to make a card for two of this weeks challenges. I have used the sketch from friday sketchers and I am also entering it into this weeks Just Magnolia challenge, whose theme is 'summer'. Well ladybugs reming me of summer so I thought this tildas was perfect!

I paper pieced her apron and boots and coloured the remainder of her with distress inks. I also added glossy accents to the ladybug before cutting her out with my new labels nesties. The spotty paper is from the DCWV christmas stack. CS is mix of coredinations and kraft CS. I embossed the bottom of the kraft CS with a cuttlebug border folder and added distress inks to make it pop a little! The sentiment is from a See D's set. The felt flower is making memories and I also punched out a retro flower with my xcut punch before I embossed it with the swiss dots folder. I used one of new spacers from 'The Hobby House' and added a pearl brad to finish.

Well I've had a hectic day at work, going to have some tea and then maybe a bit of blog hopping before an early night me thinks!

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs, Vicky -x-

26 comments:

helen said...

vicky this si fab hon i love the paper piecing and fab flower, loving her dotty boots perfect for glatonbury this weekend
hugs
helen x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Vicky,l love the image and papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Mel said...

Vicky fab card love the paper piecing on her wellies ~ Mel x

Tab said...

Oh this is such a sweet card hun, love the image, one of my faves, and the colours are divine!
Hugs Tab xxx

Sandra said...

Hi Vicky...gorgeous card,love this Tilda and the way you've paper pieced her,
San x

gina g said...

lovely card Vicky love the paper piecing and the this tilda is so sweet. luv gina xx

Cheryl said...

WOW,this is gorgeous Vicky,your papers and paper piecing look fab....also love the design the white space is perfect!!!
Hugs xx

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I love your blog and your creations! I'm celebrating being in my first ever design team-The Next Level and would love for you to follow my journey. I have some lovely blog candy to win too:) Hugs, Abby:)

Elaine said...

This is lovely, Vicky! Tilda is sooo cute with her ladybird.

Jills Scrappy Daze said...

Fab card Vicky, love the paper piercing especially her wellies.
Hugs
Jill x x

Sharon said...

Love that little lady bird Tilda, so cute. You did a great job!

Anonymous said...

A fabulous card, thank you for joining us at just magnolia. hugs rachxx

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

Wowee sweetie your card is super duper fab! Love the images together and the colours and image are divine!
Hugs Claudia xxx

Nessie said...

Wow love the ladybug card Vicky,fabulouus colours & papers.

xxx

katy said...

Brilliant Vicky, i do love paper piecing :) Thank you so much for my award, thank you so much for thinking of me...i always appreciate your visits, hugs Katy x

Jan Hennings said...

OH, how cute!!! I just love these images :) Great blog!

Chris said...

Great job paper piecing (love this technique!) and that strip of embossed paper. Super card, it's just my style! Thanks so much for playing along with the Friday Sketchers challenge this week - I'm so happy to be the sponsor and love visiting all of the blogs!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! Great papers and paper piecing of the cute Tilda.
Vanja

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Your card is super cute Vicky, I love the layout and paper piecing, Hugs, Nikki x

Unknown said...

oh really lovely and so precious. your design is very pretty and the coloration is fabulous.
thank you for joining in the friday sketchers challenge and using my sketch.
hugs, bea

Georgia said...

Wow, gorgeous card Vicky! I love the layout you've used and I also really like that spotty paper! :)
Love, Georgia xx

Tara said...

Love it Vicky - the paper piecing looks brilliant on gorgeous Tilda! xx

Stacey said...

Delish paper piecing Vicky, Tilda looks absolutely gorgeous ~x~

Carole said...

What a darling card! Love Tilda's paper pieced dress! Thanks for joining us at FS.
Hugs
Carole x

Julie said...

Fab card, I like all the paper piecing and great work with the sketch

Susie Sugar said...

Great paper pieceing on this cute card
Hugs Susie xx