Monday 29 June 2009

Feeling the blues!!

I love the sketch over at friday sketchers this week so couldn't wait to give it a go! But I wanted to use some different colours to my norm {ie not pink/green/brown} so I opted for blue, more to prove to myself that you can still make a girly card with the colour blue!

I coloured the gorgeous Miss Anya image with my new Koh-i-noor pencils and Sansodor that I got from Elzybells. I think it's going to take me a while to get the hang of these, more practice is what I need!! I cute her out with my nesties and inked the edges. Papers were free with a magazine. CS is coredinations and I have added faux stitching with a white sakura pen. The scalloped edges were done with my SU border punch. The sentiment is from the 'everyday greetings' clear set again from Elzybells! I love this new set, there are so many sentiments you can create with this one! Flowers are from Prima and the pearl brads are from my stash!

Well I am really pleased with this card and am loving the blues, for once!!

How warm has it been today and it's only set to get hotter over the next few days!!

Thanks for stopping by to say hi!

Hugs, Vicky -x-

16 comments:

CraftyC said...

This is so sweet Vicky. I love the Layout and Miss ANna looks so good in blue. Have fun with the new pencils, practice makes perfect as they say. Enjoy the fab weather
Clairex

Janiel/ janny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janiel/ janny said...

Vicki, LOVE IT! see if you can do it I can also. hee hee.... I am trying not to use pink this week unless it is called for. We shall see...........
hugs, janny

Tara said...

Great choice using the blue Vicky, it's so pretty and I love the layout too ;o) xx

Claire Ellen Designs said...

Great card Vicky, love the blues and your colouring looks fab, more practice is not an issue here ! hugs,
Claire x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Vicky, you've coloured Miss Anya perfectly with your new crayons...and she is so pretty in blue!
Thanks for joining us at FS.
Carole

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

The card is wonderful dear Vicky. The colours are beautiful and it's such a nice image !!! love your coloring here

Hugs,
Claudia

Cheryl said...

So sweet,the colours are beautiful.....just love the shades of blue you have used!!!
xx

Tab said...

Ooooh what a divine card, just love the image! I've got some of those pencils, aren't they heavy to hold, I do like them though, such fab colours!
Hugs Tab xxx

Nicoline said...

you just proved that a girl card can easely be made with blue. love blue by the way ;-)
Gorgeous card!!!

Hugs,
Nicoline

Mina said...

gorgeous card Vicky and your Miss Anya is stunning in blue xxx

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Wow Vicky, i am loving blue at the moment too. This is such a pretty card and you are so right, blue isn't just for boys. Hope you make many more lovely blue cards! hugs Linda x

Elaine said...

This is lovely, Vicky! The blue works beautifully.

Susie Sugar said...

Very pretty card Vicky , this made for one sassy chick !!
Love Susie xx

Bev said...

Wow this is so pretty babe! Love all the fabulous detail and sweet image. The papers are gorgeous too x

Jeanette said...

Love the blues with Miss Anya. A really lovely card! Hugs Jeanette