Friday 5 June 2009

Gorjuss saturday challenges card!

Here is the card I made for this weeks sketch saturday challenge. I really struggled with this sketch {I'm not sure why as it's nice sketch} and it took me ages to do this card, I'm still not overly happy with it! Now I have'nt stuck to the sketch 100%, but almost, and you can see the original sketch in my card so I hope it still counts! It also meets secret crafter saturdays challenge which is to use the colours pink, turquoise and a hint of brown!

I have used another of the fabulous gorjuss girl stamps and coloured her with my distress inks before cutting out and matting onto a scalloped nestie. The DP are from HOTP {a kit I've had for ages from QVC}, CS from coredinations and I distressed them with my emery board. The sentiment is a papermania freebie and the pearl brads are also from papermania. I embossed the base CS with swiss dots folder before running a pink ink pad over it.

Well I've finished work for the weekend, yay, and I'm off out for a girly tea and catch up with a friend tonight who I haven't seen for about a year! I have no plans for the weekend other than some crafting, so I am looking forward to a relaxing weekend adn a bit of blog hopping!

Enjoy your weekend whatever you're all up to and thanks for stopping by!

Hugs, Vicky -x-

17 comments:

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Vicky, love the cute image and the pretty papers and lo. Hugs Nikki x

Tab said...

Gorgeous card sweetie, love these colours together and your sweet image is coloured beautifully. Have fun tonight and enjoy your meal!
Hugs Tab xxx

Sheila Hallworth said...

It's gorgeous Vicky. Us crafty girlies are all far too self critical, aren't we? Have a lovely evening...

Sheila :)

Tara said...

This is really pretty Vicky and I really like the way you've layered up the sentiment.
Have a great time with your friend and a relaxing weekend ;o) xx

Carly said...

Vicky this is so sweet! The papers are gorgeous and that image is too cute!

Janiel/ janny said...

love this Vicki.... very stunning card! THe colors are WONDEFUL!!! have fun tonight... janny

Anonymous said...

a really pretty card Vicky, brilliant image and beautiful colouring. hugs rachxx

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Great card Vicky..love the colour combo and I love how you have embossed the base of your card. Great effect.
Hope you had a good catch up last night. HUgs Judy xx

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

dear Vicky,what a beautiful card, l love the image and papers. fabulous coloring as always my friend
love and hugs
claudia

Cheryl said...

Beautiful......love your design and colours,Great work!!! Love it!
xx

Gina said...

Beautiful card Vicky,I love the image and the layout is fab :)
Gina xxx

Unknown said...

I can't see the struggle girl, it look perfect to me. I realy like the effect of the distressed inks coloring. Have fun tonight!

Roberta

Vicki said...

I think it's gorgeous Vicky and funnily enough I have this HOTP kit and have been playing with it today, like you i've had it for ages too. Your distressing looks fab also. (((hugs))) xx vicki xx

Nicoline said...

Totally Gorgeous Vicky!

Hugs,
Nicoline

Sue said...

Hope you've managed to have a lovely weekend of crafting. Don't know why you're not happy with this, it's beautiful.x

Bev said...

Oh la la! What a gorge card babes - fabulous!! x

Stacey said...

This is such a classy card Vicky. I love this image and your papers set it off a treat ~♥~