Thursday 11 June 2009

Simon says stamp - Pink & Brown!!

The theme this week over at Simon says stamp is pink and brown, one of my faourite colour combinations so of course I had to give it a go!

I adore these Leanne Ellis images available at Funky Kits. I coloured her with a mix of distress inks and whispers pens. The CS is coredinations, the checked paper from a kit from QVC and the background paper is BG and has been embossed with swiss dots. Ribbon is from my stash and the sentiment is from Elzybells.

The sentiment lends itself perfectly to decorating the inside of your card, something I don't ordinarily do and whilst this is still quite simple I like it!

Just a quick post from me. I've had a very long and not so good day at work and I feel an early night calling! I probably won't be posting for a few days either as I am off to York this weekend for my SIL's hen weekend, my baby brother gets married August BH weekend! I still can't believe he's doing it before me!

See you all in a few days, although I hope to do a little hopping tomorrow before I leave!

Hugs, Vicky -x-

19 comments:

Mel said...

Fab card, hope you enjoy your weekend ~ Mel

helen said...

fabulous card vicky i love the colours , enjoy your weekend in york
hugs
helen x

Sally said...

Great card Vicky, have a great weekend away. X

Tara said...

Love your sweet card Vicky - what a perfect sentiment to go with this image!!
Have a great time at the hen weekend and let your hair down love...... you deserve it after all the hard work you've been doing recently! xx

Anonymous said...

wonderful card, and the inside is just perfect.

Janiel/ janny said...

Vicki, Love the card.. I will be working on mine tomorrow I hope.. that is if I find my MOJO. LOL...
I hope you have a blast while you are away......Enjoy yourself... any time away from work is good!!! lol.. :o) hugz, janny

ps I did get you things in the mail.. :o)

Timcso said...

Fabulous card Vicky!Beautiful the papers and i love the image!

Thanks for joining the Simon Says Challenge!:)

Tímea

pickle said...

Gorgeous Card Vicky, love the colour combo and you have coloured her beautfully.

Have a fab time this weekend, don't do anything i wouldn't do. lol

kerry x

Gina said...

gorgeous card Vicky, have a great weekend in York :)
Hugs Gina xxx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Vicky,l love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Elaine said...

Lovely!! Such a sweet image, and a lovely card!

Thank you for stopping by my blog, good luck in the candy draw!

katy said...

Gorgeous card Vicky..yummy colour combo :)

Have a fab time in York !

Love Katy x

Lexxie said...

Really gorgeous card Vicky, I just love this image, and what yummy colours you've used too.
Hope you have a lovely relaxing weekend,
Love Sarita xx

Mina said...

wow gorgeous card Vicky, I love your papers you used and perfect for the challenge xxx

Nessie said...

Wow! love the colour combo Vicky,have a fab weekend.

xxx

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt aus Alsdorf said...

fab card and wonderful styling

Carole said...

Gorgeous card Vicky, such a sweet image and so perfectly coloured.
Have a great Sunday.
Hugs
Carole x

Sue said...

Lovely card, a great layout and very pretty papers.

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card ! :-) The image is very cute and the papers you used are just perfect !! Lovely :-)


Thanks for joining the Simon Says Challenge :-)

Lorraine x